Monday, February 14, 2011

cake decorator extraordinaire....?

I've decided that I want to make LB's cake for her 1st birthday. I want to do something really cute for it... Any ideas?




I am going to try to learn how to use fondant frosting to decorate... I may not be the best at it, but I remember in grade school I made a bird's nest with eggs out of play doh or clay or something like that... and I thought it was pretty good then....  well.. at least 8 year old me was proud :)


I don't want to do anything extra girlie like princesses or something ... unless she loves them by then... but do 1 year olds know that they like things like that yet?  I have no idea!
Tweets, Bug, and Shug Boog (short for Sugar Booger, of course!) are my 3 top nicknames for her... maybe a play off of those?


My husband (Jerk Face) would probably vote for a Transformers
theme -- The 3rd (?) movie comes out this July (which is LB's bday month). Maybe a BumbleBee cake? Haha :)



In the weeks and months to come, I plan on making cakes to get a good flavor and try my hand at decorating. I will try to make 1 - 2 cakes a month... I will not eat 1 - 2 cakes a month though (I hope!)  I've pre-warned some family that I will be dropping cakes off :)   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...