Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Green Goddess of Horror!

I've been getting this salad dressing from Kraft called Green Goddess. I LOVE it!!!  It's really good... but it's not the healthiest...  130 cals & 120 fat cals and 14g of fat!


So, I decided that I would try to find the recipe to make the dressing, and see if I could make it a little healthier.  I could use a light mayo, greek yogurt instead of sour cream... but anchovies????   I had NO CLUE that there were anchovies in it!  I'm a little sickened by that! I never THOUGHT that I had anchovies! I'm pretty shocked! Maybe THAT's why the dressing also has 340mgs of sodium!




Anyways! I'll share the recipe with you... It is still really good.. maybe I'll try to make it sans anchovies and see how it turns out?


Green Goddess Dressing
2 oz. can anchovy fillets
1/2 cup chopped parsley
3 tbs. chopped chives
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Cup Sour Cream
2 tbs. tarragon vinegar
1/2 teas. salt
Dash of freshly ground pepper

Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend for about 20 seconds. Cover and refrigerate until needed.


I'll let you know if and when I make this and if it's any good with my planned modifications :)  TTFN (ta-ta for now!)









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...