Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday Night Cake-epades

Ok... So let me start off by saying that I have never tasted fondant before (that I can recall)...  I made my own using the recipe from here and as I was making it, I tasted it... and I think I lost some teeth!!! BOY! Is it sugary!


So! I spent my Friday playing with fondant and it wasn't as tough as I thought it would be...
However, I didn't color the frosting so it's an all white cake.. But it's just a birthday cake for my dad and brother -- so it doesn't matter :)  Just kidding!  ...but I'm sure they don't care :)


*side note* I just asked Jerk Face for a glass of h2o.. and he wouldn't get it for me.
                                                                                 (he told me to write that)  


Anyways: Here are some pictures of my adventure:


not the smoothest, but I'm okay with that


Oops! I messed up a little bit~~shh!


LB, showing off the cake :) 


The finished product.

I told you it was white :)  
White cake, white frosting, white fondant with white fondant circles :)
<I'll add some color with the 'Happy Birthday' writing.>

Just another shot of LB -- she can't wait until her 1st birthday!

Have a Great Weekend!!! 
                                       











1 comment:

Steph said...

Oooh, neat!!!! Looks yummmmy!!! It looks like LB is giving a thumbs up. And is that an Olivia pig she has?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...