Monday, August 8, 2011

A Dose of Mommy Medicine

Ahhhh....
I went to an outlet mall this weekend with my sister.
A SHOPPING TRIP THAT WAS MUCH NEEDED!
Not only because I needed clothes, but I NEEDED to get away!

FROM THIS:


Sure. She looks sweet and innocent enough..

Please don't be fooled.

In the days prior to this, she had a fever from her MMR shots...
AND was getting in a molar.

Poor Baby???
No.
Poor Mommy!
This child wouldn't sleep.
(I even resorted to driving around to get her to sleep...
1 hour and 30 minutes of driving... for not quite 30 minutes of sleeping!?!)
Always wanted to be held. 
Wouldn't eat.
Didn't play by herself.
Very clingy.
I couldn't go pee without her crying about it!

And Jerk Face has been out of town/working late/doing homework all.of.the.time.

So... Instead of feeling sorry for my baby that was feeling miserable.
Or for my husband that was never home and always super busy.

Maybe you should feel sorry for me.
And not just because I'm slowly going insane...
but because I didn't have many clothes that fit me well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the days prior to my shopping excursion, I was trying to figure out how much I could spend before Jerk Face would choke on his own vomit when he saw the bill:

"What if I spend $2000*...? That's what my credit limit is..."
..and Jerk Face just laughed and said that he may hurt me...

"What if I only spend $1000...?"
What?! You're crazy!

"Okay... How much can I spend without you having a coronary?"
...You're turning this into a vacation day! It's just shopping!


"It IS kind of like a vacation day for me, Jerk Face!! You just don't want me to spend more than $50!"
(I had my own limit set to $500, but if he was going to go over... then AWESOME!)
No. I want you to have fun... but don't go crazy...
(he is SO scared that I'm going to spend a bazillion dollars!)


"Well, just give me a number that you would faint if I went over..."
(after much sighing... and almost sounding like he's hurting..)
$600.


(pleasantly surprised.)
"So I can spend $500, and you would be okay?"
(There's that hurting sound again...)
Yes.


"$575... That would be okay?"
ugh... yes.


Sometimes I just like to push it.
(and my parents will tell you that I always have...)

***************************************

The final outcome?


I spent about $300.00
(and I assured Jerk Face that I would be spending the rest at a later date)
*smile*

*I never intended to even go NEAR that amount! 

***

Mingle 240

Link up here

10 comments:

Just Jinny said...

Mamma's need ME time too!! Nothing I love better than a floor full of bags. Looks like a very successful shopping trip.

Unknown said...

I am so jealous! I totally need a mommy day like that! But I wanna see what's in the bags! Love shopping hauls!

Emmy said...

Good for you! And yes very jealous too. I don't know if I ave ever spent that much in one shopping trip.

Mrs. Tuna said...

Don't see any little pleasure bags for jerkface from Victoria's secret or Home Depot. That'll teach him.

jessica said...

Oh you SO deserved to spend at least $500!! You better get another shopping day soon! :P

Mrs. W. said...

Nice! Glad you got a shopping day! I'm a little jealous. :)

Shell said...

A little retail therapy is needed sometimes!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Nice. I know shopping helps me relax.

Just Add Walter said...

nice loot you got there! I had a retail therapy shopping day yesterday... sometimes a girl just needs to spend some money!! :)

PS: thanks for visiting my blog the other day. I am now YOUR newest follower! look forward to getting to know you better!

ARK said...

OH Fun fun fun fun fun!~! I love that you made HIM give the limit before committing...smart chica! Did you show off all the goodies in those bags somewhere I missed?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...