Monday, August 15, 2011

Arts & Crafts

I do a lot of rocking LB to sleep in her room. A LOT.
She's 13 months old, and therefore, after I add it all up, I believe that I have spent 834,729,874 hours in her room. Just rocking and rocking and rocking... maybe a little dozing off here and there, but mostly rocking her to sleep.  At least trying to anyways.

There's not much to look at when I'm rocking her. I have my curtains covering the windows, so I can't look out there.  I am just facing one big giant green wall:


I have an amazing view, no?

SO... I decided to do something about it.
I always knew that I wanted to incorporate a line from one of her books in her room.
It's was the very 1st book I bought her:

The last line in the book reads:

I love all that you will be
and everything you are

So, I have been putting a together an art project in my head.
I bought wooden letters of her name... all nine of them..
Painted them pink. 
Bought 4 canvases and knew I wanted the quote to be raised.
So.
I used glue.
When it dried, I tried to build it up higher, by going over it again.
NOT a good idea.
The glue just ran all over the place.
Live and learn, right?
I then tried puffy paint.
Success!
I painted the canvases a light pink and painted white and green polka dots all over.
I then painted the raised letters a different pink color.
And the result?



I know that you can't see the quote on this photo.. sorry!
..also.. no. we never bought that vent cover.
We always forget when we go to a hardware store.
I put it on my newest list of things to do.
(Jerk Face just loves those!)

I feel like it needs something else.. but Jerk Face was tired of it sitting on out kitchen island.
I think it was only there for, like a week. 
*sheesh*
~If any of you have any suggestions, I'd LOVE to hear them!~

I'm also linking up here
Photobucket

7 comments:

Emmy said...

That is such a cute idea! You did a great job- and yes I stare at similar bare walls in Ryder's room- I am about to do some canvas painting.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I think it is cute! I have no idea what else to add, because I bite at this stuff, but I like what you've done!

Steph said...

Your LB sign looks GREAT!!

Lucy The Valiant said...

Love it!!

Mrs. W. said...

Very cute!

Jessica Renee said...

That is so stinking cute! ANd i LOVE her name ;)

allenaim photography and design said...

I absolutely love it! You should link it up to Tripped Up Thursday to get more advice on maybe adding something!! :) http://anestforallseasons.blogspot.com/2011/08/tripped-up-thursday-3-help-me-name-this.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...