Tuesday, June 7, 2011

An Anniversary Date

So...
what did we do for our anniversary?
Let me just tell you that LAST year (our 5th, if you can't do the math), I WANTED to go to Chicago... but I was big and fat and pregnant ....and Jerk Face wanted to save money and finish getting the house ready for the Chimi.  I caved, I figured that would be the more sensible thing to do... plus, if I was going to go to Chicago, I would want to enjoy some drinking.. and most people look down upon women who are 8 months pregnant getting their drunk on...
This year? We did not go to Chicago.
BUT! The In-laws came over to watch LB (Thanks J & V!!!) and we went to a pizza place:
I recommend it! It took 45 minutes to make the deep dish style... TOTALLY worth the wait! The crust was AMAZING! Flaky and delicious.. almost like a chicken pot pie crust...
We ordered a small and had 1/2 the pizza left over!
Jerk Face and I have 'Pizza Fridays,' and I have declared that this is our new favorite...  (Jerk Face doesn't get a vote...)

After the pizza, I could've went home and been a happy girl... but, we also were able to go see a movie!
We haven't went to the theater and watched a movie since I was pregnant... and it was a Jerk Face movie.. so this time we were not going to watch Thor. I had heard so many great things about the Bridesmaids movie, we went and watched that...  so funny! We both laughed out loud :)

It was nice to get out for a bit and pretend to belong in the land of the living!





2 comments:

Mrs. W. said...

Sounds like a great date night!

jessica said...

ooooh that looks so good! Glad y'all had fun! :) Happy Anniversary!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...