Friday, March 4, 2011

Baby Signs

I am attempting to teach LB sign language...
I think she understands some of it... but that could just be mom's wishful thinking....  *sigh*


We know 'Hungry,' 'eat,' 'finish'--but I say 'done'... 'mommy,' 'daddy,' and 'kitty' -- or Mojo :)   ..and we're learning more as we go...


She smiles when I say 'done' - and do my sign language song and dance for it :)  -- I think she's going to be confused by what 'done' means... First, I do the dance (I will probably NOT be recording it for you all! hahaha!), and then I get her a wet rag -- which she LOVES!  Poor girl! I hope she realizes it means that she's finished eating -- and not song and dance and wet rag time!! She has NO idea how confused she will be in life....


I really do think she knows 'Mojo' or 'kitty' -- because she gets super excited and looks for Mojo when we say it!  :)  I'm also pretty sure that her first word will be "Mojo"  :)  As much as dad 'says' it! ...And she may start saying 'turdy ass minja'... as her mother says it often..  I chuckle to myself when imagine her saying that!


LB hasn't done any of the signs herself -- I think I'll crap my pants if she does! The book says that babies can learn sign between 7 & 9 months...   Hopefully LB's not a dud and will start signing soon!  (I'm only teasing! I don't think she's a dud. But dud or not - We'll love her just the same!) 


On that note:  IT's Friday everyone! Have a top-notch weekend!  (top-notch - I know... I'm a dork!)

1 comment:

Steph said...

OMG, Baby signs are a huge help. I taught the boys baby signs and after a little while, they used them and I always knew what they needed before they could say it. And even when they could, they'd say it and sign. It was cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...