Friday, April 22, 2011

It's Time For Bed

Let me tell you about LB's bedtime routine...

it starts downstairs, as Jerk Face holds LB, I am the Master of Ceremonies... and start the routine...
"ATTENnnnTION!" (pause for effect)  "Forward ... MARCH!"
LB gets SO excited!
and then I begin my song:
'The Ants Go Marching One by One; Hurrah! Hurrah!...' LB can't contain herself! She is bouncing in Dad's arms, laughing! She LOVES it!
We make our way up the stairs and through the hall (stopping at 3.. to 'hug LB') and when we get to 4 we 'walk through the door' and into LB's room... where we finish the song...... I do a variety of dance moves (all the while exuberantly marching ... 5-take a dive, 6- pick up sticks, 7-gaze at Heaven, 8-close the gate, at 9.. I 'get in line' behind Jerk Face and LB and we march around her room...  Then we get to 10... and this is my big finale... I'm waving my arms and using exaggerated movements... as it is the end... 'boom boom boom boom Boom boom boom boom B Ooo ooo oo o mmmm!'  LB always smiles at the end Boom! Because she is so totally over the song by then and knows it's finally over!! I always have fun :)


Soo... Did I mention that we have yet to put up curtains in LB's room?
Yep! She's been a real human for 9 months now, and we still don't have any kind of window treatment up...
I'm okay with it.
well....
until I looked out the window one night while doing my ...very artisic surely worthy of being on So You Think You Can Dance? ... dance, and low and behold... sitting on the porch across the street, looking in the window... watching this sacred family ritual... is the neighbor boy! He's not really a boy, since he's probably in his early 20's.. and I'm sure he's at the local pub, the one Jerk Face and I used to frequent, talking to all the flies we used to talk to and telling them about these crazy people that he watches... He probably invites them over so they can witness it for themselves... Dude! I HAVE to check it out! It's just too funny to be true!
Oh! The embarrassment!
Perhaps when he tells his parents... !Yeah! You still live with your parents! Stop making fun of me, punk! ... they'll just say: 'oh! Those weirdos must be good parents!'  Because EVERYbody knows that in order to be a good parent you need to make an ass out of yourself multiple times a week... heck! even multiple times a day!!!

...Maybe I'll just forget the curtains and start charging....

3 comments:

Mrs. W. said...

That is such a cute bedtime routine!

Steph said...

Aw, I love that little bedtime dance. So sweet! Yikes about the neighbor... that sucks!!! He just can't handle your sweet dance moves.

Mrs. C said...

I LOVE it! Thats so sweet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...